At LEXIA, we know how to interpret new trends and we are one step ahead in knowing what it takes to be successful with them. Food delivery apps can give your business a big boost if you know how to adapt to them. Let's keep talking.
Today, any restaurant can offer home service without having to invest in a fleet of cars or motorcycles.
From breakfast to dinner, you can reach the consumer's door with a single click, thanks to the many food delivery applications that have emerged in recent years.
These applications offer great advantages to consumers: convenience, access to a wide variety of foods, flexible schedules and time savings among others.
For companies, the proper use of these apps can result in a substantial increase in sales with a much smaller investment than setting up your own home delivery service, especially in unitary and local businesses.
The existence of new trends such as Home Office, together with the complicated mobility in many cities and the growing lack of time make us look for technological solutions that help us avoid unnecessary transfers and inconveniences.
On the other hand, the stress and tension of everyday life make us, as consumers, look for alternatives that contribute successfully to increase our quality of life.
CULTURAL CONTEXT OF THE NEW CONSUMER
Society and its behaviour are changing globally. We consider it relevant to provide the general context that is setting trends in food consumption, for example:
- Consumers are becoming smarter and smarter to choose options that are more suited to their lifestyles.
- Technology is changing where, what and how we eat and is migrating category to the digital world.
- Urbanization has generated less space to live in and therefore more versatility in food formats.
- Single-member households will determine the future of the food industry and demand for more practical services.
- Eating food is an experience, whose line between the POS and home service is increasingly tenuous.
Technology is a key factor in new consumerism, as it impacts consumption patterns, including packaging and nutrition preferences.
Consumers have access to new references that set trends: APPS, packaging, global information.
- Intelligent Packaging
- Good nutrition
- Intelligent Devices
- Intelligent Ordering
- Intelligent Delivery
Consumers are constantly rethinking their needs, practices and priorities.
Contemporary life is more demanding, full of tensions and it is as well as within a context of speed and stress, the search for a good meal becomes relevant.
The FOOD DELIVERY becomes more relevant due to these new ways of living.
- Before, ordering food at home was less viable, more a complication than a practical solution.
- Today, it has become a solution even for special events or family moments.
- The FOOD DELIVERY successfully adds to the new practices and lifestyle.
ORGANIC LINK BETWEEN THE PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL: FOOD DELIVERY
They are not two worlds apart, they simply want to reproduce the experience through the digital world.
The world is amplified, not divided. FOOD DELIVERY users expect a 360-degree experience.
The digital experience users are looking for in FOOD DELIVERY is equal to or better than what is expected in a restaurant.
- Immediate access to the menu: graphical and simple.
- Personalization of your dish: sauces, lemon, etc.
- Clarity in the order of your order.
- Delivery speed.
- Certainty about your order.
- Guaranteed taste.
- Good presentation of food.
- Same price as in establishment.
How to integrate the food supply to the new trends when it seems that not all options are so compatible with today's food delivery?
THE ERA OF APPS
THE CONSUMER SEEKS VARIETY IN A SINGLE APP
It is the era of digital intermediaries, specialized in the service they provide:
- They facilitators who open the door to the digital world in various categories.
- They represent a solution that adds to the requirements and current practices of practicality and quality of life.
- Inside FOOD DELIVERY channel every time there are more establishments that are added to these platforms, what they are the APPS to become the first choice for the development of the search for consumers, where they expect to find there concentrated each more and more brands.
Provide multiple options to meet the craving
The consumer is looking for variety and is willing to take a risk to try it. new food brands.
SUCCESSFUL APPS FOR FOOD DELIVERY
In Mexico, the use of applications and the execution of transactions from mobile devices are on the rise.
According to IAB Mexico, 82% of Internet users are willing to install new applications and, consequently, the volume of transactions in the market. Food/Home Food category grew from 13 to 18% between 2015 and 2015. 2016, using e-commerce apps such as RAPPI, UBER EATS or SIN APRON.
What these data do not share is the information about the life expectancy of a child. application on the Mexican consumer's mobile device, probabilities of use once it was installed, nor the contexts of success or failure.
An analysis of the success stories in FOOD DELIVERY apps shows us the following common factors:
- High brand recognition: strong digital communication strategy.
- Level penetration and brand awareness and service: trajectory and coverage.
- Infrastructure of operation: distribution, IT systems, vehicle fleet.
TRAITS CHANNEL: SMART CHOICE TODAY BY TODAY à THE CHANNEL HAS EVOLVED.
- The user usually LOOKS FOR INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCES that will to achieve the MAXIMUM COMFORT AND COMFORT.
- THE RESTAURANT BECAMES A FACILITATOR: it must provide an entire circle of options that make life easier for the consumer, including FOOD DELIVERY
- TIME, WEAK AND VALUABLE ELEMENT: more efficient use of time: key to success.
- PRACTICE ON TENDENCY: increasingly common by lifestyle (traffic, stress, etc.).
- SERVICE STORE TO DIGITALIZE: takes advantage of new platforms to reach more audiences and are also a solution for establishments that didn't have this service.
ADVANTAGES OF BEING IN FOOD DELIVERY
- It is a solution so that businesses do not lose customers: both parties make a profit.
- It is vital to join this practice because people are looking for variety, different options.
- In addition to the trend of personalization, each diner can ask for what they want. he's most in the mood for.
The FOOD DELIVERY through the APPS becomes a magical lamp, in which just one click and their wishes will be granted.
- Experience generates EMOTION in the consumer who is waiting receive your order (as if it were a gift).
- So, despite being an increasingly digitalized channel, there is a large area of opportunity to provide 100% experiences satisfactory to users.
- And, on the other hand, there is still a large market of restaurant brands who wish to venture into this channel, and for that seek a strategic partner to help them build brand value and service.
At LEXIA, we can help you integrate your brand to the digital world and choose the best apps for your business.